Vesper WatchMate XB-8000 smartAIS Transponder is a Class B AIS transponder with a two Channel parallel Receiver and Transmitter. It transmits your vessel position and details and receives the same kind of information from other vessels with AIS transponders.
Unlike normal AIS, which sends and receives AIS data, WatchMate XB-8000 has smartAIS, an active system with smart alarm logic that alerts you rapidly to potential dangers. This means you can focus on sailing your vessel, knowing smartAIS is always keeping watch in the background and is ready to alert you the moment it detects a hazard or unwanted event.
- Safety Underway - Collision Avoidance and CPA Alarm (closest point of approach)
- Safety at Anchor - If your Anchor drags, smartAIS will let you know immediately.
- Safety for your Crew (MOB Alarm) - If someone is washed Overboard, smartAIS provides their location so you can pick them up quickly.
- IP67 waterproof protection
- Class B smartAIS, with 2 AIS receivers
- Automated DSC calling - Connect any VHF radio. 1 DSC Receiver (timeshared)
- Built-in 5Hz 50 Channel GPS - supports WAAS and EGNOS. Note: Optional external Antenna required if Vision is mounted without a clear view of the sky.
- Power: 10-32 VDC, 4W nominal
- Built-in WiFi - allows you to connect up to 5 other devices
- NMEA 0183/ 2000 connectivity - certified NMEA 2000 Gateway
- Compatible with Lowrance, Simrad, Raymarine, Garmin, Furuno and more
- Download the free WatchMate App to monitor your WatchMate Vision from your tablet or smartphone
- Supplied with GPS Antenna with 10m cable, external alarm and switch, 1m USB cable, and 2m power/ data cable
What's In The Box
- GPS antenna with 10m (33') cable
- External Alarm and Switch
- Installation Guide
- 2m (6.5') Power/data cable
- 1m (3') USB cable
|Size||200mm wide x 130mm high x 60mm depth (7 7/8" x 5 1/8" x 2 3/8")|
|Environmental||Waterproof (IP67: submersible to 1m for 30 mins)|
|Operating temperature||-25°C to +55°C (-13°F to 131°F)|
|Power supply||10-32 VDC, 4W nominal|
|Number of receivers||2 AIS, 1 DSC (timeshared)|
|Receive sensitivity||-113 dBm (<20% PER)|
|Number of transmitters||1 AIS|
|Transmit power output||33 dBm (2W)|
|GPS||50 channel (external antenna included) with WAAS and EGNOS|
|GPS navigation rate||Selectable 1Hz or 5Hz with magnetic variation included in output|
|GPS sensitivity||-159dBm tracking & navigation
-142dBm acquisition (cold start)
|GPS accuracy||Position 2.5m CEP, SBAS 2.0m CEP|
|VHF antenna required||50 ohm, max 2:1 VSWR @ 162MHz, PL259 connector|
|Serial data||1 fully isolated USB port (mini), 1 isolated NMEA 0183 input (RS422 4800/38400 baud) 1 NMEA 0183 output (RS422 4800/38400 baud)|
|Connectivity||NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, USB, Wireless 802.11 b/g
All input NMEA 0183 sentences are repeated to the NMEA 0183 output, USB and WiFi. Selected NMEA 2000 PGN's (heading, wind, depth, speed, temperature, and log) are translated to NMEA 0183 sentences and repeated to the NMEA 0183 output, USB and WiFi. This allows a wide variety of NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 instruments to be interfaced and output to all other connected devices.
|NMEA 2000||NMEA 2000 certified. LEN 2. Micro-C male connector. Female drop cable required (not included). Compatible with all NMEA 2000 certified Raymarine SeaTalk NG devices (DeviceNet cable required), Garmin, Furuno, SimNet (NMEA 2000 adapter cable required, Navico part 24006199 or 24006413), and other NMEA 2000 certified products.|
|Wireless||Access Point for up to 5 devices or client of existing router|
|Wireless Security||WPA / WPA2 Personal (PSK)|
|Protocols||IEC 61162-1, NMEA 0183, NMEA 0183 HS|
|Standards||IEC 62287, IEC 60945, IEC 61108, IEC 61162, ITU-R M.1371, ITU-R M.825, ITU-R M.1084|
|Approvals||BSH, BABT, CE, US Coast Guard, US FCC, Industry Canada|
|Warranty||Two year world-wide warranty|
|Supplied With||• 2m Power/Data cable
• External GPS antenna
|Optional||• SP160 VHF/AIS Antenna Splitter
• Waterproof USB cable
Specifications may change due to product improvements and different product release versions.