Neoprene is a laminate. The new range uses a combination of high-performance materials for their unique properties such as water repellence, wind-proofing, drying speed and thermal qualities. These linings are used in strategically placed panels to highlight their individual properties.
With this range, we have selected high-stretch fabrics to increase the wearer’s comfort and flexibility. They feel soft and have the ability to hold and regain the wetsuit’s desired shape. There is no compromise on quality and durability in the range. In another design innovation, Ronstan wetsuits use a combination of thicknesses, placing thinner material in the areas requiring the most flexibility.
All sailors think that thinner means lighter. However there is a trade off to choosing thinner materials, they are generally less durable and can be not as warm as thicker materials. Our approach is different. The high performance CL25 pants are partly made of a super-light neoprene foam – which is 20% lighter than conventional neoprene. The result is a 2mm lower-weight wetsuit with no compromise on warmth. While our emphasis is on reduced weight and flexibility, the new wetsuit design also provides good abrasion resistance and offers extra padding where needed.
As always, Ronstan apparel is manufactured with the environment in mind. Our neoprene wetsuits are made with non-petroleum based material and the new UPF 50+ Tops contain Bamboo fabric, another environmentally friendly raw material.
- Strengthening the foothold in the apparel market is the introduction of a complete line of dinghy wetsuits, including: a sleeveless, one-piece Skiffsuit; neoprene pants and shorts; neoprene tops; rash guards; thermals; Superflex sailing shoes; even a new gear bag. Using a neoprene laminate that's lightweight, windproof, water-repellent, quick-drying, flexible, and warm.
- Lightweight, warm and comfortable in any weather
- New laminates for warmth
- New junior range for CL26 shorts
- Neoprene wetsuits made with non petroleum based material
- Superstretch Neospan shoulder panels for easy step-in entry
- Mesh skin embossed surface chest panel eliminates surface wind chill effect and maximises strength and durability
- Abrasion resistant Supratex seat
- Padded hiking panels at back of thighs
- Bulletproof para-aramid knee reinforecements with padded inserts - the Ronstan skiffsuit trademark
- Water repellant soft brushed lining keeps the skin drier and warmer
- Available in sizes XXS - XXL